Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 228

Jun 16: Jeremiah 30-43
Theology leads to doxology. The more knowledge we have of God, the more we want to praise and worship him. This has been tugging at my heart the past week and the more I dwell on it, the more I see how true it is.
Because we have a God that is perfect and good, when we come to know more of his being, we will naturally want to praise him more. Essentially, this means that we are limited in our ability to worship God, when we have lacking knowledge of him. An analogy I thought of that kind of illustrates this is our speech. We are limited in our speech by the vocabulary we know. We can't speak words we do not know and hence we can only go so far in our speech because of that. Likewise, if we only know 10% of God, we can only worship up to that 10% we know of him. However, if we know say 75% of our God, we have that much more knowledge and basis to praise him from. We'll never know God to the fullest extent, we'll never know 100% of him, but we should strive to know all of his goodness in order to exalt his name as much as possible. What that also means is that God, through the holy spirit, is a never ending giver of knowledge. I read somewhere that the knowledge of God is like a treasure chest with no bottom to it. There is no limit to the amount of knowledge God can release to us through the Word and Spirit if we are continually seeking. How amazing is that?
Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" The first word there is CALL. How can we find something if we're not looking for it? I pray that I may seek out more knowledge and understanding of God every day, so that I can praise and worship my creator better than I did the day before.

2 comments: